Volleyball Saved His Life
Gerry Ford is the head coach of the Northern Ireland men’s national volleyball team. He grew up during the Troubles in that country. Volleyball brought together people from both sides of the political and religious divide and gave them a whole different perspective on each other.
His resume includes:
- Coach of the Northern Ireland Men’s National Team
- Head Coach at Queens University Belfast
- Coach of the Year
Here’s some of what Gerry discusses in his interview:
– Making the player to coach transition
– The challenges of being a small sport in your country
– Working with limited resources
– Non-volleyball influence of coaches
– Working when you’re the underdog
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Gerry’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.