Not Letting Location be a Limit
Like many US high school volleyball coaches, Stephen Pierce coached on top of his full-time job as an English teacher. In his 20+ year career, which overlapped in the early days with fellow Wizard Jefferson Williams, he established himself as perhaps the best high school coach in any sport in the state of New York.
His resume includes:
- Nearly 1000 victories
- 14 State Championships, including 8 straight, the most of any New York coach
- 2010 he was named National High School Volleyball Coach of the Year
- The only New York juniors coach to win a USAV national championship or a USA National Qualifier at the Open level
Here’s some of what Stephen discusses in his interview:
– Being able to push players
– Developing coaching vision
– Juniors vs high school coaching differences
– Developing volleyball in the community
– Handling coaching with a full-time teaching job
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Stephen’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
Stephen’s interview is also part of the following bundles: