An Aussie on the World Stage
There are others we’ve interviewed who have done some beach coaching. Australian Craig Marshall, though, is the first of our interviewees who does it full-time. Beach volleyball coaching has taken him around the world and to multiple Olympic Games.
His resume includes:
- Nearly 20 years coaching on the pro beach volleyball World Tour
- 8 podium finishes and a World Championships medal
- Multiple medal wins on Continental tours, including a historic clean sweep of medals at the 2016 Asian Championships
- Coached the Australian men in the 2000, 2004, and 2008 Olympics tournaments
Here’s some of what Craig discusses in his interview:
– Staying in one position for so long
– The pressure of coaching where there is a lot of fan support
– Dealing with problem personalities in the team
– Remembering that coaching is about the players, not about the coach
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Craig’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
Additionally, Craig’s interview is featured in the first Volleyball Coaching Wizards book.