Not Letting Location be a Limit
Like many US high school volleyball coaches, Stephen Pierce coached on top of his full-time job as an English teacher. In his 20+ year career he established himself as perhaps the best high school coach in any sport in the state of New York.
His resume includes:
- Nearly 1000 victories
- 14 State Championships, including 8 straight, the most of any New York coach
- 2010 he was named National High School Volleyball Coach of the Year
- The only New York juniors coach to win a USAV national championship or a USA National Qualifier at the Open level
Here’s some of what Stephen discusses in his interview:
– Being able to push players
– Developing coaching vision
– Juniors vs high school coaching differences
– Developing volleyball in the community
– Handling coaching with a full-time teaching job
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Stephen’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.