High Level Coaching While Teaching During the Day
Paulo Cunha of Portugal may have coached professionally and at the national team level, but through it all his day job was as a teacher. So he knows how to balance the demands of the two careers. Not only does he have a track record of success as a coach, but he has also directed coaching education at the national level.
His resume includes:
- Winner of 8 league titles, 7 cups, and 6 Super Cups in Portugal
- First Portuguese coach to lead a team to a European cup final four.
- 3 times Portuguese Association of Volleyball Coaches Coach of the Year
- Coached the Portuguese Junior National team
Here’s some of what Paulo discusses in his interview:
– Teaching and coaching at the same time
– Making career decisions
– Managing a team with players of different status levels (pros vs. non-pros)
– Coaching the genders
– Cultural differences in coaching and players
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Paulo’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
You can also get Paulo’s interview as part of these bundles: