Professional Player to National Team Coach
Belgian Vital Heynen became a coach after a distinguished career playing volleyball for club and country. His experience as a player has strongly influenced his coaching philosophy, though perhaps not in the way you might think. This is something he talks about in his interview.
His resume includes:
- Bronze Medal coaching Germany in the 2014 World Championships
- 4 league titles, 5 Cups, and 4 Super Cups in the Belgian league.
- 2 CEV Cup medals
- Additional professional coaching experience in Poland and Turkey
Here’s some of what Vital share discusses in his interview:
– Managing cultural diversity in a team
– His philosophy of training
– Putting together a coaching staff
– Developing the concept of team
– Expectations and playing time
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Vital’s interview now for just a $14 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
Note: PayPal is used to process the payment, but a PayPal account is not required.