Professional Player to National Team Coach
Belgian Vital Heynen became a coach after a distinguished career playing volleyball for club and country. His experience as a player has strongly influenced his coaching philosophy, though perhaps not in the way you might think. This is something he talks about in his interview.
His resume includes:
- Gold Medal coaching Poland in the 2018 World Championships, Bronze at 2019 Volleyball Nations League
- Bronze Medal coaching Germany in the 2014 World Championships
- 4 league titles, 5 Cups, and 4 Super Cups in the Belgian league.
- 2 CEV Cup medals
- Additional professional coaching experience in Poland and Turkey
Here’s some of what Vital share discusses in his interview:
– Managing cultural diversity in a team
– His philosophy of training
– Putting together a coaching staff
– Developing the concept of team
– Expectations and playing time
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Vital’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
You can also get Vital’s interview as part of the following bundles:
- The Volleyball Nations League 2019 Bundle with Giovanni Guidetti, Glenn Hoag, and Mark Lebedew.
- The Champions League Coaches Bundle 2018-19 with Guidetti, Hoag, and Stelio DeRocoo.
- The Pro & Club Team Coaches Bundle.
- The National Team Coaches Bundle.