Getting it done for Club and Country
Like Vital Heynen and fellow Canadians Stelio DeRocco and Garth Pischke, Glenn Hoag transitioned from a high level playing career into success as a coach.
His resume includes:
- Coach of the Canadian Men’s National Team from 2006 to 2016, including leading the team to 5th at the 2016 Olympics
- Winner of Canada’s first ever NORCECA Championship title in 2016.
- Bronze Medal with Canada at the 2015 Pan-Am Games
- Winner of the French League, French Cup, and the CEV Champions League with Paris Volley.
- Winner of the Slovenian Championship, Cup and MEVZA in 2008 and 2010 with ACH Team
- Winner of multiple Turkish Championships and a Cup with Arkas Sports Club
- Also coached university volleyball in Canada, and was named CIS Coach of the Year in 1997
Here’s some of what Glenn discusses in his interview:
– On-going education and mentorship
– Developing a sense to how to play as a team
– Making the change from player to coach
– Working with players at different levels and from different cultures
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Glenn’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
You can also get Glenn’s interview as part of the following bundles:
- The Volleyball Nations League 2019 Bundle with Giovanni Guidetti, Vital Heynen, and Mark Lebedew.
- The Champions League Coaches Bundle 2018-19 with Giovanni Guidetti, Vital Heynen, and Stelio DeRocco.
- The National Team Coaches Bundle.
- The Pro & Club Team Coaches Bundle.