Italian Giovanni Guidetti, who currently coaches professionally in Turkey and internationally for the Netherlands, has probably made most of his reputation since leaving his native country. He’s done so at both the club and international level. Though English is obviously not his first language, he speaks quite eloquently on the subject of coaching.
His resume includes:
- 2018 FIVB Volleyball Nations League Silver Medal as Head Coach of the Turkish Women’s National Team
- 2016 Olympic Semifinalist as Head Coach of the Dutch Women’s National Team
- Former Head Coach for both Germany and Bulgaria.
- Mulitple CEV Champions League gold medals and FIVB Club World Championships coaching at the professional club level.
- Twice named Coach of the Year in his native Italy
Here’s some of what Giovanni discusses in his interview:
– The need for a coach to be true to themselves
– Being a teacher and a competitor
– Training philosophy
– Developing the concept of team
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Giovanni’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
You can also get Giovanni’s interview as part of the following bundles:
- The Volleyball Nations League 2019 Bundle with Vital Heynen, Glenn Hoag, and Mark Lebedew.
- The Champions League Coaches Bundle 2018-19 with Vital Heynen, Glenn Hoag, and Stelio DeRocco.
- The National Team Coaches Bundle.
- The Pro & Club Team Bundle.
Additionally, Giovanni’s interview is featured in the first Volleyball Coaching Wizards book.