We’ve done seven Volleyball Coaching Wizards interviews so far, with plenty more to come. The discussion often turns to favorite books and recommended reading. Here’s a selection of titles suggested up to now.
- Sacred Hoops by Phil Jackson
- John Wooden (anything by or about)
- Drive by Daniel Pink
- Give and Take by Adam Grant
- Winners Never Cheat by Jon Huntsman
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- The Gift of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis
- The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle
- My Losing Season by Pat Conroy
Notice anything about this list?
That’s right. Not a single volleyball title in there. One of the objectives of this project is to develop a book worthy of joining this sort of list – one that even coaches from other sports will consider valuable reading.