Taking a Different Perspective on Coaching
Dutch coach Redbad Strikwerda has had considerable success coaching in his native country and has had the opportunity to coach in top international competition. His philosophy on coaching is different in some ways than others, which makes anyone listening to him think seriously about their own position.
His resume includes:
- 6 League, 6 Cup, and 6 Super Cup titles in the Netherlands
- Dutch volleyball Coach of the Year
- Has coached in the CEV Champions League, CEV Cup, and CEV Challenge Cup
- Has coached in the European League and European Championships with the Dutch National Team
Here’s some of what Redbad discusses in his interview:
– Whether coaching in training is more or less important than match coaching
– His approach to technical training
– Structuring training over the course of the season
– Thinking in terms of long-term player development
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Redbad’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
Redbad’s interview is also available as part of the following bundles: