Changing How Coaches Think About Training
When it comes to influence on volleyball coaching, few can match Carl McGown. His advocacy of training specificity, among other concepts, through his work with the USA National Team program and Gold Medal Squared has changed the thinking and training methods of many coaches all over the world.
His resume includes:
- 4 decades of USA National Team coaching
- 2 NCAA Men’s National Championships.
- Swiss professional league and cup titles
- AVCA Hall of Fame
Here’s some of what Carl discusses in his interview:
– Specificity and long-term athletic development
– The difference in performance between the US men and women
– Initial vs. final ability
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Carl’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
Additionally, Carl’s interview is featured in the first Volleyball Coaching Wizards book. It’s also part of these interview bundles: