Developing Volleyball’s Future Generations
Ruth Nelson coached at the highest levels of the sport in the college, professional, and national team ranks. Recently, though, she has turned her attention to coaching kids at the very beginning of their journey and says she’d never go back.
Her resume includes:
- Over 500 wins in 16 years of NCAA Division I coaching
- US Women’s National Team assistant coach under Arie Selinger and Head Coach of the US Junior National team.
- Coached in the US professional league Major League Volleyball
- AVCA Hall of Fame inductee
Here’s some of what Ruth discusses in her interview:
– Being a new sponge in terms of your development
– Reasons for avoiding early specialization in young players
– Being a trainer vs. a coach
– Working with the new generation of athletes
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Ruth’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
Additionally, Ruth’s interview is featured in the first Volleyball Coaching Wizards book.