Life decisions and coaching
USA coach Bob Schneck spent his entire 35 year college coaching career at the University of Rhode Island. In the early days he had the unfortunate situation of having to face Penn State in conference each year, resulting in him accumulating a lot of second place finishes. Along the way, though, he did manage to get little URI into the national rankings.
His resume includes:
- Over 600 NCAA Division I victories
- Coached 32 All-Conference performers, 6 conference Freshmen of the Year, and 2 conference Players of the Year.
- NCAA District I Coach of the Year twice
- Long-time member of the USA Volleyball CAP cadre
- Outstanding high school coaching record before moving to college.
Here’s some of what Bob discusses in his interview:
– The off-court demands of college coaching
– Work/life balance
– Assistant coach development
– Program building
– Recruiting foreign players
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Bob’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.