A Rare Club Lifer in the Professional Coaching Ranks
German Axel Büring has had a career of the sort you don’t often see anymore in professional sports. He spent more than 30 years coaching with just one club – the one in his home town where he started in volleyball as a player.
Her resume includes:
- Started coaching at age 16
- Coached over 20 years with USC Munster in Germany
- Won 4 leagues, 5 cups, and a European Cup
- Coached a world Top-20 ranked German beach team
Here’s some of what Axel discusses in his interview:
– Having a staff that is honest with you
– Changing training philosophy over the season
– Developing the team concept and team building
– Coaching in practice vs coaching in matches
– Working with both indoor and beach players
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Axel’s interview now for just a $14 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
Note: PayPal is used to process the payment, but a PayPal account is not required.