A coaching career cut short
USA coach Teri Clemens only had 14 seasons coaching at NCAA Division III Washington University before health reasons forced her retirement after achieving an .873 win percentage (#1 among retired coaches in all the NCAA). Teri’s energy and enthusiasm are obvious in her interview.
Her resume includes:
- Seven NCAA Division III National Championships, including six in a row
- Over 500 NCAA career victories
- 3-Time AVCA Division III National Coach of the Year
- AVCA Hall of Fame inductee
- Winner of 3 straight Missouri state high school championships before moving to the college ranks.
- Author of Get With It Girls! Life is Competition.
Here’s some of what Teri discusses in his interview:
– Creating a competitive environment
– Developing strong servers
– Season training progressions
– What she looked for in the recruiting process
– The differences in why men and women play sports
– Goal setting
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Teri’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
Additionally, Teri’s interview is featured in the first Volleyball Coaching Wizards book.