Coaching the mental at least as much as the physical
USA high school coach is a legend in New England volleyball circles. A major part of his success he attributes to the mental, off-court training he has been doing with each of his teams going back 20 years. It seems to be working pretty well!
His resume includes:
- 17 Massachusetts state high school championships
- 110 match winning streak from 2003 to 2007.
- 2008 AVCA National Coach of the Year.
- 2012 NHSCA National Volleyball Coach of the Year
Here’s some of what Tom discusses in his interview:
– Tryouts and making cuts
– Focusing on the mental part of the game
– Staff management
– Working with your administration
– Creating a culture
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Tom’s interview now for just a $14 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
Note: PayPal is used to process the payment, but a PayPal account is not required.