A Long-Term Perspective on Coaching
Marylin McReavy-Nolen’s history in the sport of volleyball goes back to the 1960s. She’s coached at a variety of levels, helped develop some of the bigger collegiate programs, and has had the opportunity to work with a number of other great coaches along the way.
Her resume includes:
- Became the 3rd coach to reach 800 wins in NCAA Division I
- Member of the inaugural AVCA Hall of Fame induction class in 2003.
- Women’s Sports Foundation Hall of Fame
- USA Volleyball All-Time Great Coaches Award winner
Here’s some of what Marilyn discusses in her interview:
– Making important coaching career decisions
– Changes in physical and technical training in volleyball
– The challenges for women in coaching
– The changing influences on the practice of coaching
– Expectations and playing time
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Marilyn’s interview now for just a $14 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
Note: PayPal is used to process the payment, but a PayPal account is not required.