Volleyball Coach and Researcher
Iranian Iradge Ahrabi-Fard started his career in his native land, but rose to international prominence while coaching in the US. As a professor of physical education, he has helped link coaching with research. He has published numerous volleyball coaching related articles.
His resume includes:
- Member of the inaugural class of AVCA Hall of Fame inductees
- Over 500 NCAA Division I victories in 19 seasons
- 1999 AVCA Division I National Coach of the Year
- 1997 AVCA Excellence in Education Award winner
- Consultant and coach for USA Volleyball
Here’s some of what Iradge discusses in his interview:
– Adapting what you learn to your own coaching
– The importance of proper rest/recovery for athletes
– Coaching across different cultures (and sports)
– Being a professor and a coach
– A number of research observations
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Iradge’s interview now for just a $14 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
Note: PayPal is used to process the payment, but a PayPal account is not required.