A Legendary Program Developer
Terry Pettit is a legend in US coaching circles not just for his success at the University of Nebraska where he built a powerhouse, but also for his work since then in helping coaches develop and grow. Among other things, he is known as perhaps the only poet-coach in volleyball, and his writings present a unique view on coaching and leadership.
His resume includes:
- Nearly 700 NCAA Division I victories
- Winner of over 20 conferences championships, six trips to the Final 4, two runners-up finishes, and a national championship.
- 3-time AVCA National Coach of the Year and 9-time conference Coach of the Year
- 2004 USA Volleyball All-Time Great Coaches Award winner
- AVCA Hall of Fame Inductee
- Author of Talent and the Secret Life of Teams; The Journey to Extraordinary Coaching; and A Fresh Season – Insights Into Coaching, Leadership and Volleyball
Here’s some of what Terry discusses in his interview:
– Recruiting philosophy
– Developing volleyball in Nebraska
– Situational coaching
– Developing problem-solving situations rather than telling
– Exercising both the cooperative and competitive sides
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Terry’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.
Terry’s interview can also be found in the following bundles: