Tried retirement, but didn’t like it
USA college coach Peggy Martin spent 33 years at NCAA Division II Central Missouri before retiring. That retirement only lasted a few months, though, before she was back on the court at a new school with the same level of success.
His resume includes:
- Winner of more than 1300 college matches (mostly NCAA Division II)
- More than 20 conference championships and 25 straight trips to the NCAA Division II tournament (6 Elite 8s)
- 22 Coach of the Year Awards including the 1987 NCAA Division II National Coach of Year Award
- AVCA Hall of Fame inductee
Here’s some of what Peggy discusses in his interview:
– Early-career coaching development
– Changes in the coach-player dynamic
– Working with and managing captains and team councils
– Recruiting good people
– Hiring good staff
– Dealing with the pressure to maintain a high level of success
Play this excerpt for a taste of the sort of insights and ideas you’ll get from the full interview:
Get access to Peggy’s interview now for just a $4.99 contribution to the Volleyball Coaching Wizards project.